ICE Detains Alix Tichelman, Prostitute Convicted in Death of Google Exec on yacht Deported

Flanked by her attorneys, Alix Tichelman makes eye contact with her parents in the front row of court Tuesday after Tichelman changed her plea to guilty in the heroin death of former Google executive Forest Hayes and was sentenced to six years in jail.  Tichelman will probably serve only half that with time off for good behavior.   (Dan Coyro -- Santa Cruz Sentinel)

SANTA CRUZ  — Alix Tichelman, the heroin addict and prostitute convicted of felony involuntary manslaughter of a Google executive in 2015, was detained by Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents after she was released from a Santa Cruz jail on March 29, according to the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office.

Tichelman has dual citizenship in the U.S. and Canada, according to a Santa Cruz County court documents related to her bail amount.

ICE spokesman James Schwab declined to comment on the detention.
Tichelman, who the media sensationalized with names such as the “Harbor Hooker,” made headlines in 2015 when she was found guilty of felony involuntary manslaughter and administering drugs to a 51-year-old Google executive from Santa Cruz who died from a heroin overdose on his yacht.
“A month after she was sentenced in 2015, ICE sent a hold for Ms. Tichelman. On March 27 of this year, ICE requested we detain her for 24 hours longer than her sentence,” said Santa Cruz County Sheriff Sgt. Chris Clark.
Pursuant to the California TRUST Act, the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office refused to hold Tichelman any longer than her sentence dictated. The TRUST Act, which went into effect on Jan. 1, 2014, prohibits law enforcement from detaining an individual on the basis of immigration status.
Pursuant to the California TRUTH Act, the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office notified Tichelman and her attorney that ICE had requested the hold and intended to detain her. The TRUTH Act, which went into effect on Jan. 1, 2017, requires local law enforcement agency to provide notification to the individual and their attorney if that agency provides ICE with notification of an individual’s release date and time.
“ICE agents were on hand at 5 a.m. March 29 when Ms. Tichelman was released,” said Clark.
Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement Public Affairs Officer James Schwab said his office was preparing a press release that would address the specifics of Tichelman’s detention. He said he could not address Tichelman’s immigration status until the department’s legal team was consulted.
At the time of her release, Tichelman had served nearly two years in the Santa Cruz County Jail for the 2014 incident.
On Nov. 23, 2014, Tichelman was aboard Google executive Forrest Hayes’ yacht, “Escape” in the Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor. Tichelman injected herself with heroin, prepared a second needle and consensually injected it into Hayes’ arm.
When Hayes clutched his chest and lost consciousness in the boat’s cabin, video surveillance shows Tichelman appear to coolly clear evidence of the drug use and later closed blinds to conceal him from outside view, as he lay unconscious and dying.
The video shows her in the cabin for seven minutes after Hayes’ death, stepping over him with a glass of red wine in hand. Hayes’ body was found the next morning by the ship’s captain.


Ed Dames..Exposing The Threat from Planet X

Harvard Researchers - Oumuamua Could Be an Alien Probe After All